Hello everyone! Most of you know that due to a major life event I suspended my goals last week. Things are starting to settle down a bit now and I hope to resume my goals this week, although there are likely to be a few adjustments over the coming days. I did manage to read about 30 pages of Description & Setting by Roz Rozelle. This is a fantastic book and I’m learning a great deal; one can never know too much about the craft.
That is my update, but before you leave, I was tagged by my good friend and author, Shea MacLeod last Wednesday and challenged to post 10 Random Facts about myself. I, of course, could not resist the challenge, especially when it allows me to tag four of my friends to do the same.
Here are 10 Random Facts about me.
10) I collect statuettes of Dragons and Wolves. My office is host to dozens of small (and a few not so small) statues ranging from miniature wolves to a Dragon’s Head bust named Aaron (the employees at the place I purchased it from named it and made me promise to keep the name) that guards my office door.
9) I have an Associates Degree in Health & Nutrition that I picked up over the course of a seven year career as a Nursing Assistant (my early twenties and a distant memory).
8 ) I once lost my license for almost two years as a result of a dozen (or more, I lost count) speeding tickets. Most of the tickets came as a result of rushing to work (as a Nursing Assistant). Since getting it back, I am rarely late or speed. Character Arc *grins*
7) I was briefly an HTML programmer for an AOL Chatroom group and travelled to Nashville to meet the other members (back in the “Wild West” days of the Internet when bad things occasionally happened to those that wandered off the ranch).
6) I have watched the movies Legend (Tom Cruise) and Labyrinth (David Bowie) over 50 times each. This was an attempt to avoid the Disney movies when my daughters were little, it didn’t really work (will not even mention Lion King and Mulan *twitches*).
5) I have a secret love for the show Deadliest Catch and have never missed an episode. Something about watching these guys crab fish makes me feel better about my life. Jake Anderson on the Northwestern is my favorite.
4) For relaxation, I play Total War (Napoleon and Medieval). I am not the first-person-shoot-my-foot-off type, strategy and tactics (and real “level-up” RPG’s) are my loves.
3) I was introduced to Dungeons & Dragons at the age of 7 by my uncle. This was only a couple years after the game was first created, what became known as the “Original Version” (yes, I still have the paperback books for it). I later rewrote the rules for the game (very similar to AD&D 3rd Edition, but 10 years before 3rd Edition came out).
2) Being that I grew up less than a mile from where D&D was test-played and friends with the shop owner where the game sessions were held, I got to know both Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson (the co-creators of the game). I played under both of them at different times through my high school years.
1) The single most random thing about me: I can speak squirrel. I speak. They listen and chatter back at me. It’s odd (at least my wife thinks so) but true.
Okay, enough about me. Now the four people that I am tagging and challenging to present 10 Random Facts about themselves in a future blog post are:
4) Lyn Midnight (a.k.a. Violeta Nedkova)
I’m looking forward to your responses. Have a great week.