Hello everyone! Time for another ROW80 Update. Well, it was bound to happen, I actually missed a goal this week. However, it took a tremendous effort by life and the day job (nearly 75 hours vested in the day job over the past 7 days) to accomplish it. I was not about to make it easy after all *grins*
Here is how my week went.
- The WIP, this is where I choose to take my hit (and miss). I was able to get in 1925 words this week, with a 3000 word goal. Currently, I’m dissecting a host of craft books and culling all of tips, tricks, structure and design methods from them. I’ll be using the information to build a Standard Operating Procedure for how I approach writing novels and will test drive it with Virtual Perihelion (i.e. “the WIP”).
- I’m on a 14 day streak on 750 words. Some of those days I just typed at hyper speed to cram it in during 12-15 minutes of “free time” late at night. You know that moment when your in zombie mode from exhaustion, the mind has drifted away but the Muse is still typing words. Yeah, had that a few times, I think my Muse was playing with me. Anyway, I’m still in the August challenge (out of the original 860 that signed up only 411 remain) and am typing this on there right now just to be sure I get it done today.
- Finished Characters, Emotion and Viewpoint by Nancy Kress yesterday morning. Excellent book, I’d highly recommend it for those of you who haven’t already read it. (But to those that have, read it again, it’s just that good). I’ll review the book at some point in the future.
- I managed to get all three Treadmill walks in this week. I’m loving the new found energy that has come with this. There is no way I could have made it through the past week without the benefits of exercise. Advice: Never take your health lightly.
- No queued posts were added this week. I did however, post six times this week. Designing from Bones, Blog Treasures (my sites standards), two ROW 80 updates, a guest post for Manon Eileen on WriteWay Pro and a guest post for the Life List Club, Goals and Standard Operating Procedures on Anne-Mhairi Simpsons site. It took almost every free minute I had during the week to accomplish that so I’m not worried on this one.
And now, a brief rant about the recent change WordPress made to Tweeting posts.
Over the past week, WordPress made an arbitrary change to how we publicize each others blogs by using the Tweet button. Added to every Tweet is “/via (at)wordpresscom”.
This is basically a way to steal your publicity and promote themselves at the bloggers expense. How? Simple. Every time a WordPress blog is tweeted the acclamation goes to WP, not the blogger. They get free publicity as a result of this. Also, attached to this process is a screen prompt asking the tweeter to follow wordpresscom and it auto-loads Twitter after the tweet, complicating a simple process.
My advice. Whenever you tweet one of your favorite WordPress bloggers, remove the “/via (at)wordpresscom” marker and replace it with the bloggers (at)name. We have a right to our publicity and the blogger will thank you for it.
*end rant* Thanks for reading.
That’s all for this week. I hope your weeks went well. May the Muse always shine brightly upon your paths.